Tuesday 13 November 2007

A Game Is Made

For the last six weeks I have been developing a small game for a final year project. I set out in my proposal to "...explore the possibility of making a complex artistic piece through interactive and visual content." and "I would endeavor to make fast and intuitive interaction that enhances the atmosphere and pace of the game."

The game has been going by the name of RealRisk in my head and in conversation, but it is not really a fitting name. It could be described as a deconstruction of a Real-Time-Strategy to primary elements, and then building something new with it's most basic concepts. Then again it could be a just be a Real-Time-Strategy.

Using easily understandable concepts such as; an attacker, a defender, and a building. With only a small number of elements to learn and control, the game becomes more open to new users but allows for complicated tactical decisions. The game will be intuitively complex.

Graphically minamlistic. Saying only what needs to be said.

I have found it difficult to describe the game to people on previous occations. Hindered partly by a drive to create something unique, and attempting to be overtly indie in my game design.

In coming posts I will catch up on ideas and changes that have happened in the last six weeks.

No comments: